Monday, September 17

From the mouths of babies.........June of 2007 OutoftheWild blog

Lately I have been beset by doubts, fears, and thoughts of just what the heck the Lord of Creation is thinking about making me so desperately called to ministry. To say I've hit roadblocks is to say a tusami is a big wave.......

Yes, I know the phrase that's often handed out....that "God can do all things, in His time and His way." Lately my quip has been "Well, it'd be nice if He'd clue me in on the deal." God is totally working the way He wants to and there is nothing anyone can say that is going to stop Him from getting it done....let alone me.

I have been 'layed on' for ministry as a Chaplain. And I continue to grow, more away from the church I currently attend and more out into the field so ripe for harvest. I don't evangelize, though I have invited people to attend Orchard Grove or to come to my Chapel... I don't feel God's calling me to do that now, more so its a matter of taking care of needs with the mercy and grace that my Father has taught me He has for my sinful past and present and future. For we will constantly battle against our sinful nature until our bodies are renewed as the perfect ones the Creator designed them to be.

But, occassionally God answers my complaint to be clued in on His plans for me.....For Father's Day, my youngest wrote out the TOP TEN REASONS I LOVE MY DAD!!!:

10. I love my Dad because he writes good.

9. I love my Dad because he's nice to us.

8. I love my Dad because he cooks good.

7. I love my Dad because he lets us watch TV at 9pm at night.

6. I love my Dad because he's funny.

5. I love my Dad because he's the best.

4. I love my Dad because he makes my heart excited.

3. I love you Dad so much.

2. I love my Dad just because.

and the number #1 reason why this crazy, loving, and spontaneous eight year old daughter of mine loves her Dad???????????

1. I love my Dad so much that it makes me cry.

I stood before my congregation on Father's Day and read that to them. And then I described to them why I love my Father, the heavenly one.

10. I love my Dad because He forgave my sins.

9. I love my Dad because He created me.

8. I love my Dad because He created the world for me.

7. I love my Dad because He created a purpose for me.

6. I love my Dad because He is the one and only, the best.

5. I love my Dad because He promised never to let me go.

4. I love my Dad because He has great and wonderous plans for me.

3. I love my Dad because He has no record of my wrongs.

2. I love my Dad because I have been made to.

And the number #1 reason that I love my heavenly Father......

1. I love my Dad because He sent my adopted brother to this world to save me and show me the way HOME.


In peaceful contemplation,Jim

No comments: