Friday, September 14

Days of Praise devotional

'Things We Know'

And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away" (I Peter 5:4).

In these days of relativism, situational ethics, and changing morales, it does a Christian good to note the many things in Scripture we can know, things we can count on, things that do not change. Following is a sampling of such truths, with little comment, intended to encourage the reader:

We can know that Jesus Christ is God: "Jesus said, I and my Father are one" (John 10:30).

We can know that we are saved: "Jesus said, He that believeth on me hath (present tense) everlasting life" (John 6:47).

We can know we are His dear children: God's Word the Bible says, "Beloved, now are we the sons of God" (I John 3:2).

We can know His protection: "And they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand" (John 10:28).

We can know He answers prayer: "If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it" (John 14:14).

We can know He will help us through temptation: "In that He Himself hath suffered being tempted, He is able to succour them that are tempted" (Hebrews 2:18).

We can know how we should act: "For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done" (John 13:15).

We can know He desires us to speak on His behalf: "Be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you . . ." (I Peter 3:15).

We can know that He will come again: "I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also" (John 14:3).

We can know of our eternal rewards, as in our text: "An inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you" (I Peter 1:4).

JDM
GOD BLESS!
INSTITUTE FOR CREATION RESEARCH

www.icr.org

No comments: