Monday, September 17

A rememberance of Affirmation....Feb 2007 OutoftheWild blog

I sat with Gina, my friend from the Compassion ministry I've worked with for several years who is now on the staff at Orchard Grove. She seemed to sense that there was 'a bee in my bonnet' (although I would never wear a bonnet) about something.I expressed my frustration about the meeting with the Pastor and how it bothered me a bit, but I'd get over it.....I always did.

She said that she had heard some feedback from the Pastor about the meeting and the one thing that impressed him was that I gave it to him straight up, no beating around the bush. He could see the conviction and sincerity in my stance.

She went on to talk about Wendell's affirmation of me. She stressed to me that this wasn't something that Wendell did just this time, but often in the course of his conversations with others does he bring up this guy who he has the pleasure of knowing.......

Bonnie, the Team Leader of the Lay Counselors, saw me in the atrium and told me that she tried to send an email....something she's not too good at....and instead had to print it out. She gave an envelope to my wife and wanted to make sure I got it.

Inside this envelope was a short email......

Dear Jim,I wanted to send this to congratulate you on moving forward in the direction that God is obivously leading. Nothing compares to the excitement and reassurance of knowing you're in HIS will.
I remember the Wed. nite that 'the light' seemed to come on for you; I saw it happen. Since then, each week, I have seen the confidence of the Lord growing in you; there is a visible authority that can only come from HIM.
Oh yes, and last I want to welcome you to the Lay Counseling team, we are blessed to have someone who has a heart for the unchurched and or new babes in Christ.........

I didn't get what I was searching for in the office of my Pastor. I am not surging forward in a ministry or direction that I know God has in His plans for me. I'm not supposed to right now.

God wanted to show me that I am doing what He wants me to at this time.

I am having a hard time reconciling this person that people have talked about with the image I have. There is so much to do, so many hurting and lost souls, and I haven't done a minicule of what needs to be done.

This 'powerhouse' of a Christian that they are speaking of.......who is that? It's God. With the little I have given, give, and will give in the course of my purpose for Him, He has multiplied that seventy times seven.

Our God is an AWESOME GOD!!!!!!

****This affirmation of a 'powerhouse' Christian didn't stop there. In the story weekend I've recently attended, that was the affirmation of the group, that I would be one of those warriors who would stand up to EVIL and kick it's A**.

When will I learn that when God speaks through others, He is still speaking to me; He's just given up banging on the front door for me to answer it.

In Peace,
Jim

No comments: