Monday, August 9

Love

"You can give without love; but you cannot love without giving" Unknown

Sometimes, as I ponder the vastness of this journey that still lies ahead, the bigger mountains yet to climb, the deeper valleys yet to traverse, it is a sorrowful thing and I lose focus, which causes my hope to struggle.

But then....love passes by and re-energizes me. Oh, it seems as much as I try to grasp on love and hold it tight to me, it squirms and twists until its free once more. But I find by holding out my hand and letting love gently rests for a moment of its own timing, even as my heart breaks anew with the sorrow of its leaving, I always am blown away by its beautiful flight.

Today, love stopped by to visit and smile my way before it once again took flight. She is always and will always be the one who got away.

No comments: