Wednesday, November 28

Silence on the airwaves.....

"Your words have upheld him who was stumbling and You have strengthened the feeble knees." Job 4:4

Sometimes when you are straining for a word, struggling to hear the voice of reason and wisdom; the silence of the very air echoes throughout your ears so loud and you don't 'hear' anything because of all the background noise.

I have that feeling, a feeling that has prevaded my bones for several months now, that there is something around the corner, something about to happen, something that will alter the world I currently live in personally and worldwide. But there is nothing but silence now, like the anticipation right before.......

That 'calm before the storm' feeling. That 'wait for it' feeling. And I don't know if I am responding in my all too human, all too broken state but I don't hear the whispers of my Father, only static.......That 'end of a vinyl record' noise.......

But, like David, Job and the mighty ones of the Bible have done in the past, I will remain faithful, I will remain on my knees prayerfully praising all He has done, is doing and will do.

I will bolster my faith with the words He has written in the Bible, and I will seek His strength in my feeble knees as I struggle to pray, struggle to seek what His will is.

I will seek out my brothers and sisters for uplifting prayer and supplication, in accountability and strength of purpose with my band of brothers. I will stand and....

As a friend of mine said to me, "Struggle well."

The sword is too heavy to swing now, so I will plant it in the fertile soil of my Father's purpose and hold on tight until the storm is passed.

I can only recall the verses that were given to me by the Men in The Woods......

"But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weakness, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 (NIV)

and abide in His strength.

In Christ,
Jim

No comments: