Monday, June 1

A love worth pursuing...

When the rain is blowing in your face
And the whole world is on your case
I would offer you a warm embrace
To make you feel my love…..

When the evening shadows and the stars appear
And there is no one to dry your tears
I could hold you for a million years
To make you feel my love …….

I know you haven't made your mind up yet
But I would never do you wrong
I've known it from the moment that we met
No doubt in my mind where you belong ……

I'd go hungry, I'd go blind for you
I'd go crawling down the aisle for you
There ain't nothing that I wouldn't do
To make you feel my love …….

The storms are raging on a rolling sea
Down the highway of regret
The winds of change are blowing wild and free…..

But you ain't seen nothing like me yet

There ain't nothing that I wouldn't do
Go to the ends of the earth for you
Make you happy, make your dreams come true
To make you feel my love


From www.lyrics007.com

Yes, I know that it is a love ballet from Garth Brooks, entitled "To Make You Feel My Love," an unrealistic and dreamy hope of a balladeer whose lyrics rocked him to superstardom…..and who is seemingly invisible in the world of Country music today. But, in the whispers of the stormy seas and the fevered worries of a troubled man….it wasn't that perfect woman that was called to my mind, but the love of a Father who has promised more than I ever could have imagined to ask for and who even in the midst of my defeat, whispers His love to the beating of my renewed soul.

It is this love, this agape love, that descended upon me as I drove home and brought tears to my eyes as I surrendered the final hold I had upon the mountains that I have been called to climb; the journey back to the house where the beloved son was killed and the efforts seemingly fruitless in my efforts to live under the financial provisions that He has provided. Even in this, as I had exposed myself more openly to brothers and spoke the need to those who would be capable of judgment……God has me and He loves me. Though I may fall tomorrow, having to move and relocate…struggle against the sinful consequences of my past…..there is nothing within me that desires nothing more than to provide glory and honor through the suffering and struggles to a God who loves me….loves me beyond what I have been conditioned to believe was possible and far beyond what I, even a redeemed sinner, deserve. All I could hear, as I played it over and over again is…..Jim, there is nothing I wouldn't do to make you feel My love.

Jesus broke His whole mission down to one thing; the healing and restoration of the brokenhearted and imprisioned people of His creation. All of us. And the battle rages within the broken world we walk between the Heavenly Father and the fallen one for the people lost in the darkness, deprived of love and heartbroken for the peace of eternal promise. If the enemy can distract us with the initmate knowledge he has of each of us from the experiencing of that love, we fall under the spiritual warfare of his design. But God forever whispers its song into our hearts, broken and bleeding, battered and bruised, and welcomes us into the embrace we forgot.

The car may fall apart tomorrow, the landlord demand his just due in rent and the bills overwhelm me but again….but as God whispers His love for me and wraps me in His mighty arms, I will pick myself and my family up…..right the cart that the enemy has overturned and run to catch up to my God, who's work He entices me to join Him in. For there is nothing that He hasn't already done…..to make me feel His love.

No comments: