Friday, February 29

Just thinking

"He who rebukes a man shall afterward find more favor than he who flatters with the tongue." Proverbs 28:23 (Amplified Bible)

In the struggles that seem to flow over me like a tsumami wave, I find no respect being given in even the smallest of ways and I find sorrow in the realization that the battle fought isn't going to be won, because flattery is winning over rebuking sin and redeeming the relationship between me and another.

I have been called too intolerant; of behavior that brings temporary relief to this person's shame, brings joy of the humanistic kind that doesn't last in my presence, and ignorance to the truth that would set them free. I am intolerant of a relationship that doesn't live to the design. Not my wishes, but the wishes of the Father.

I have clung to the promises of God and sought to restore my worship, my praise, and my fellowship with the One who made the skies and the stars. Silence seems to pervade my life and devotionals aren't bringing the peace that those who abide in God's family are entitled to experience.

I wonder, in those times where it seems the weight of the world is steady upon my shoulders, why God would allow things to go so well, yet go so wrong. I question, I argue, and I sorrow.

Sometimes there seems to be a momentary peace, but it is momentary. Sometimes it seems like a turn has taken place in the direction of restoration, but then the relapse occurs. Up and down, like a storm tossed ship, my journey in the pilgrimage is become rocky and uncertain in the progress of the day.

And yet…….

I can do nothing more than to question, argue, sorrow, and then accept that the God of Creation is no respecter of persons that His plan is as unknown and inhumanity unforeseen as an all-powerful, all-knowing, and all-holy God can make it. I feel the isolation of the sin that has broken the relationship between Creator and created……

But I stand upon His strength……

And fall to my knees to pray and praise……….

No comments: