Thursday, January 17

A brother falling....

But thanks be to God, Who in Christ always leads us in triumph [as trophies of Christ's victory] and through us spreads and makes evident the fragrance of the knowledge of God everywhere. 2 Corinthians 2:14 AMP

If you spend anytime amongst veterans of battlefields, no matter where they fought or against whom, you find the familiar stories of fallen comrades in arms and the lengths that others went to get to them. A brother, falling on the battlefield of this spiritual war is not unnoticed either, by God or his brothers in arms.

My brothers have come to me, even to catch me before I've hit the hard earth and have drawn me into relationship to restore my battered spirit. One called to speak words of wisdom and then the other step forth with the Corinthians verse and a word to speak of waiting in patience for the greater work that God has for me.

In my dreams lately, which I very seldom remember, I have been back upon the battlefield of this war between the saints and the ruler of this world.

There is a pause, any vet will tell you, almost audible no matter the noisiness of battle that sweeps across friend and foe almost like a physical wave. The sounds disapate for a few moments and the vision becomes sharply focused and drawn to the cause of this disturbance. Everyone looks to the event horizon and is either heartened or demoralized by what they see there.

I have hit that moment and as my eyes are drawn to the horizon, all I can see is more of the enemy's force rolling like a wave across the sky. My heart is weak and my soul cries out in fear, how can this small band of brothers (the body of Christ) stand against such multitude. My humanitity wants to run but my faith tells me to stand.

Stand despite the image of overwhelming odds.....

Stand despite the failing of the flesh...........

Stand because of the faith sized no bigger than a mustard seed.....

Something is coming on the horizon that is going to alter the landscape of the world so radically that everyone will know.

I feel that pregnant pause sweeping the battlefield of this spiritual fight.

Will you stand on your faith and hold your ground?

or will you trust in what you can see.............

the moment to choose is coming to a point of no choice. You will have to make your decision.

Will you stand before the throne in humble triumph?

Or on your knees in heartbreaking realization of what you've lost?

No comments: