Monday, November 19

Thankfulness that I am blessed to have.....

I sent this as a mass email to those who I am interactive with in my life, but I wanted to post on the blog to reach those who I don't have physical contact with but only reach here.

I do not want to forget to express to each of you how much you have meant to me this past year in the life I have lived. You may not think you have had much to do with it, but I think otherwise.

Above all, I want to again (as I do each day) express my thankful appreciation to my Father above, who loved me enough before I was even born to send His son, Jesus, to die on the cross and so pay for my sins. And for the purpose to which He has called me.

To my Wife, who has lived three years with me in the struggles we have faced; the good, the bad, and the okay. God has blessed me with you and though I fail to express it all the time, all the time it is there in my heart.

To my children, who have given me the blessings of faith, showing me how to love as a child, and have shown me that my endeavors to show the Truth, Life, and Love of our heavenly Father are and have not been in vain.

To Chaplain John, who has given me the way to express and fulfill the purpose to which God has called and remained faithful through the execution of His plan.

To those whom I have sought counsel, have given counsel, and have gained far more than I have given……thank you for your time.

To my Chapel congregation, there are no words to express how much each of you saints have taught me in the honor of being your Chaplain/Pastor in the past year. May we continue to grow in the Father's love together.

To the prayer warriors, who have upon bended knees, stood with me and my family in prayer as I have been honored this year to have such a group to be thankful for belonging to. I want all the warriors to know that they hold a special and dear place in my heart and prayers as we face this fallen world together, binding what would be bound in heaven upon the earth and fighting the fight for our dear brothers and sisters who are in need, in crisis, or who are wandering the darkness.

To those who have 'put up' with me on the Special Olympics Team Walled Lake, who's athletes have shown me the meaning of success regardless of hurdles to overcome.

To those who have been involved in ministry with me, for me, and whom I have served for. It is an honor to have such fruitful work to perform and dedicate myself to with such companions.

To those who have stood in faith with me, for me, and allowed me to give of my faith in return, I am thankful for your kindness, patience, and faithful love.

To those who educate my children and the children of this community, who strive to instill the values of a better society despite the societal slide that is taking place, who stand their faith in the face of such.

To those who fight the battles of the faith, individually, corporately, and in hand-to-hand with me, I can think of no better warriors to stand with and fight for those who are wandering the darkness.

To those who stand on distant shores, fighting for a people who have need of a better day. I cannot express my thankfulness at your sacrifice for those who cannot express it.

To those in the family of Christ whom I have had the honor of serving with, being a part of the community with, and have seen the love of our Messiah shown in your actions, I am thankful to have the moments we've shared in our Father's work.

To those who read my writings, who give their thoughts and reactions to them. I am thankful that you have taken the time to read, and then express, what each meant to you.

To those I haven't mentioned above, there are too many ways that God has blessed me with your presence or interaction to remember oft hand, but know that I thank God for each of you.

As always, Paul says it better than I ever could……

I always thank my God as I remember you in my prayers, because I hear about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints. I pray that you may be active in sharing your faith, so that you will have a full understanding of every good thing we have in Christ. Your love has given me great joy and encouragement, because you, brother [and sister], have refreshed the hearts of the saints. (Philemon 1:4-7 NIV)


Senior Chaplain Jim Hutson
Meadowbrook Chapel
Chaplain Service Corps

No comments: