Thursday, October 18

Bye bye easy street

Well, it is official. My poor laptop, which has seen me through many a project and research, and which is like my left arm in the ministry work I do, is done.

I used this laptop, a Compaq Presario 700 with 1.29 Ghz and 240 MB of RAM for alot of things, the memory size was incredible. I was currently using it to prepare PowerPoints for worship songs for the recovery ministry, rewriting my notes from Counseling class and so on.

The battery never worked on it and I never got a new one. The power cable was starting to short out, so that would've been another thing to worry about.

The screen broke and I can't use it for much more than a paperweight, but I am able to pull off my files and stuff (at least so far) which is good. I've got to get some CD-R discs to write the stuff to.

But this concludes my dream at the moment to get a projector and screen for Chapel. Need the laptop to do the powerpoints.

Pray God will bless me with another laptop in the future, as He has blessed me with the one I have.

In peaceful frustration.

Thanks,
Jim

No comments: