Monday, October 8

Seasonal changes....

"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." Galatians 6:9 (NIV).

It might seem funny to the non-Christians that a verse about seasonal work would come up as I struggle with the decision to retreat from ministry or stand firm and potentially lose some 'respect' in the faith community I belong to. But to a Christian, it isn't. And to me, it's just a sign of God's wisdom and humor (yes humor) to show me what He would have me to hear even if I'm not wanting to listen.
We sat down with a counselor this weekend to start claiming back our finances and things are tight....really tight....but they aren't that bad. We were encouraged and unburdened to realize that we will, through hard hard work, see the way to a easier day. My wife discussed her feelings of seasonal change, to return to the job field she left during the economic collaspe here in Michigan and how she would like to return when the changing climate takes hold. For now, God has given her a task to do in the Food Pantry.
That made me start to think about my own fields. I have worked so hard, and seem to find little 'respect' from those who would bless me and would be blessed by me in ministry that I have felt the weariness of keeping on. It is hard to keep pressing when you hit the wall, over and over and over and over and over............you get the point.
But, as any 'good' farmer will tell you, you have to let a field lay empty for a time to replenish the nurtrients that would grow great crops. You focus on other fields, other pursuits, to allow that field time to replenish itself.
So I am going to take a hiatus from the Recovery ministry I belong to and focus on the counseling training I have the blessing to be a part of. I have no call to give up the Chapel and will keep my focus on those two areas.
As always, I continue to lift up my writing into God's hands that He would bless someone with it or even allow me to make a living doing so.
Thank all of you who lifted me in prayer.
In Christ,
Jim

No comments: