Thursday, September 20

Previous training required......

As is usually (and thankfully) the case, God answers His child's complaints, i.e. crying out, in His fashion and in His way. I was commenting about how the verse from yesterday's devotion seemed to mention obstacles in the form of members of the family being unmoveable in my purpose. And how I thought the family was referenced to the body, where I seem to get just as much support as I do dissention.

But I have dealt with disbelief and obstacles before in my life, and have either succeeded or failed in spectacular fashion.....but always in spectacular fashion. And, in the event of failure, I always get back up. That is what most people admire about me is that I've gotten up from some pretty disasterous wrecks and kept on.

And it is that previous experience, coupled with the knowledge that it was God's strength that helped me stand, that will help me here.

The Father of the church where I gave my eulogy for Jean Smith last Saturday asked me if I was going to establish a church independent of what I currently belonged to. I told him I hadn't been so informed yet, but it was interesting that he would ask.

It seems the churches of today, the mega-giant user-friendly ones, have forgotten the full force of the Gospel. Maybe that is where God will eventually lead me, but for now.....He's still working out the kinks. And my God is a mighty God, so the overcoming is just as interesting as the becoming in this purpose journey.

He has protected me, opened avenues beyond my imagination, and given me an effective use of His gospel, in times past since my renewal and in times before my renewal. To think that He would help me overcome only certain things of equal harm only to prevent this from coming true seems to be contrary to what He's called me to do. Previous experience tells me otherwise.
He trains for a purpose, not just for fits and giggles.

So I will take the attitude of David before the Almighty King Saul.......before he goes out to stand down Goliath. This will help in my battle with my own Goliaths....

"Your servant has killed both the lion and the bear; this uncircumcised Philistine will be like one of them, because he has defied the armies of the living God. The LORD who delivered me from the paw of the lion and the paw of the bear will deliver me from the hand of the Philistine" Saul said to David, "Go, and the LORD be with you." 1 Samuel 17:36-37(NIV)

Have you decided to face down your Goliaths??? Why not? If our God is a GREAT BIG GOD, then who can compare?

In Christ,
Jim

No comments: