Thursday, August 30

Nights at the Grove

My home church does something they call the "Nights at the Grove" summer concert series. We've had some awesome artists this year, Shawn McDonald and the last one of this summer, Starfield. The Starfield band has their website at www.starfieldonline.com
It's hard to believe that I'm that old......I wasn't jumping up and down like the lead singer told us we had to, but then he couldn't see me because of all the youngsters jumping around. Even my boy was pretty energetic during the concert.
I didn't know that this band played some of the awesome songs that I love to listen to on a regular basis. It always strikes me at how different the Christian bands are compared to their secular counterparts. Starfield has had a 12,000 strong concert over in the UK (if I read the website right) and yet.....some of the nicest young men I had the opportunity to meet.
It made for a wonderful night.

Maybe next summer I'll get to listen to Barlow Girl.

(Hey, it could happen)

Still waiting on the Fire Department.

In Christ,
Jim

No comments: